Skip to main content

Water Emergency?

Water spurting from ruptured copper pipe

In the case of a water emergency, call Hiland Water at (503) 554-8333 or call the toll free number (855) 554-8333.

Remember, it is your responsibility to have a working water shut-off valve for your property.  If you have a water emergency on your property, please call your plumber.

Our water district requires that each customer have a working shut-off valve for their water service.  

Do you know where yours is?  This is not the water district's shutoff valve on your water service.   Only district personnel are authorized to touch the water district shutoff valve.   Your own shutoff valve may be in your house or on your water service line elsewhere on your property.

If you know where your valve is located, have you tested it recently to see if it still works? Time and corrosion wreak havoc on plumbing. 

We recommend making sure everyone who lives in your home, or uses it, knows where your water shutoff is located.  This will be critical in case of a water emergency such as a broken pipe.

Turn Off and Turn On charges for replacement/repair of shut off valves and lines: subsidized at $75.00 turn off / $75.00 turn on.